5 Easy Steps to Cleaning Your Golf Clubs and Improving Your Game
How can you lower your scores by simply cleaning your golf clubs you ask? It's actually very simple. If you have clean golf clubs you can make better contact with the ball. This allows the clubs to do what they are designed to do without any interference form grass, sand or mud on the face.
Since golf is a game about battling the elements, the golfer need s all the help they can get. You deal with the hot sun, a quick summer shower and even a little mud or wet grass on your shoes. All these weather conditions can wreak havoc on your body let alone your golf clubs.
It's easy for you to shower and clean up, but your golf clubs can't! You have to clean them as much as possible. If you do they will perform better, last longer, and help keep you clean by keeping you on the short grass!
What's the best way to clean them?
There are two ways to clean your clubs: 1) You can buy a golf club cleaning kit from just about any pro shop. 2) You can also easily do it yourself at home or at the course. Let's look at how to do it yourself. Here's what you will need,
? A plastic bucket
1) First, fill the bucket with a little detergent and warn water so it becomes sudsy. Add enough water to the bucket to cover the heads of the clubs.
2) Second, submerge only the clubheads in the water, making sure no to get the ferrules wet because this will damage the finish. Soak the clubheads for a few minutes to help loosen the dirt, oils, or remaining chemicals that may be stuck in the grooves of the club.
3) Next, scrub each of the clubs individually with the soft or medium bristled non-wire brush to remove all the dirt, grass stains, or any other debris that might be on the clubface. If you have difficulty getting it off the first time, just soak and scrub the clubs again.
4) Now, rinse the clubs off with water form your garden hose outside or a sink faucet if you are inside. Try your best to not get the shafts wet when doing this.
5) Finally check over the clubheads to make sure the grooves are dirt free. Then dry them of with a clean towel or rag. That's it you're done.
Now you can enjoy playing the game with the added confidence of knowing your clubs are nice and clean. Clean clubs produce a better ball flight with more spin to stop the ball closer to the hole. Play well!
Do You Know What Properly Fitted Golf Clubs Can Do For Your Game? John Bolt has created the ULTIMATE free guide to equipment used for golf. Find out which clubs will fit you PERFECTLY so you shoot lower scores!
Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
Warning: fopen(http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=LPx0ODdk3RGRpzRx1L3fcQ&_render=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input