5 Best Uses for Hybrid Utility Clubs
Have you seen those new hybrid utility cubs? They are showing up all over the place, rescuing golfers from all kinds of situations. The reason for this is simple; they open up opportunities for a number of great new shots.
Even the tour pros are using them to help them win big tournaments. (Todd Hamilton - British Open, David Toms - PGA Championship, Reteif Goosen - US Open) We have come up with what we believe are the 5 best uses for these hybrid clubs.
1. OFF THE TEE - These clubs are great for long par 3's and short par 4 tee shots when you must carry a bunker or water hazard. Most long irons shots have a low piercing trajectory. These hybrids have a lower center of gravity that helps to launch the ball up into the air. Because of this high ball flight, the ball will come down on a steeper angle making it easier to stop on the green.
2. FROM THE FAIRWAY - They are good for long approach shots to the greens on par 5's and long par 4's. Because of their great distance control and accuracy, these hybrids will build your confidence. Hitting this club form the fairways will have you going for more par 5's in 2 and leaving you short putts for eagle.
3. FROM THE ROUGH - Most long irons get caught up in the rough causing them to twist easily and produce mishits. The bigger size and mass of the hybrids over regular irons makes it easier for the club to drive through the rough while keeping the face square. This squaring of the clubface is also aided by the rudders and rails on the sole of the club going through the turf.
4. OUT OF A BUNKER - Move the ball back in your stance to promote a little steeper angle of attack. The bigger club heads and larger ruddered soles of hybrids make it easier to swing through the sand without catching it fat or heavy. It is very important on these long bunker shots to hit the ball first. This will help get the ball up in the air very quickly and out of the bunker.
5. AROUND THE GREEN - Hybrid utility clubs work great for bump and run shots around the green (just ask Todd Hamilton). They help to eliminate the chance for error by getting the ball rolling on the ground as quick as possible. Because the shafts are shorter you can play these shots almost like a putt without choking down on the shaft to gain control. This eliminates the chance of a skull, chunk, or a decelerating wedge shot.
We find these hybrid utility clubs to be one of the most versatile clubs you could have in your bag. Get more info about hybrid utility clubs from our website. Then try one out in your bag today! www.golfequipmentsource.com/hybrid-golf-clubs.html
John Bolt is the full time owner of GolfEquipmentSource.com. With years of competitive golf experience under his belt, he understands the importance of having properly fitted golf equipment. You can visit him online at: http://www.golfequipmentsource.com
Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
Warning: fopen(http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=LPx0ODdk3RGRpzRx1L3fcQ&_render=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input