5 Easy Steps To Replacing Your Golf Grips
Replacing your golf grips is like servicing your car; you must do it on a very routine basis to keep them in top working order. We suggest changing your grips at least once a season, maybe even twice depending on where you live and how much you play.
People think that you must have your grips replaced professionally. This is incorrect because it can get costly. Actually replacing your own golf club grips is a really simple job. You will learn a lot about your clubs and save you some money.
Below we will walk you through the quick simple steps to doing the job yourself. But first there are a few things you will need:
1. New golf grips
2. Exacto or sharp knife
3. Double sided tape
4. Cleaning solvent
5. Work bench vice
Follow these quick easy steps:
1. Place the club in the work bench vice and tighten with the grip being fully exposed. Take the exacto or sharp knife and cut the grip from the shaft up to the end of club, cutting away from your body.
2. Remove the old grip and clean the shaft of the club with the cleaning solvent using an old rag or brush. Then dry the club off completely.
3. Wrap the double sided tape down the shaft the length of the grip. Make sure that portion of the shaft is completely covered and remove the backing on the other side of the tape.
4. Pour some solvent over the tape. Line the grip up with the club and slip it towards the head of the club. Remove the club from the vice and place the head on the floor and make the minor alignment adjustments.
5. Let grips dry for a few hours (3).
Give this a try; it is a very easy process and simple task to do. It can be a great learning experience and a lot of fun. It will help you learn a little more about your golf clubs and save you some money. So get the things you need and get busy.
More golf club grip information and tips can be found at:
John Bolt is the full time owner of GolfEquipmentSource.com. With years of competitive golf experience under his belt, he understands the importance of having properly fitted golf equipment. You can visit him online at:Golfequipmentsource.com.
Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
Warning: fopen(http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=LPx0ODdk3RGRpzRx1L3fcQ&_render=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/golf/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input