Dating Rules You Cant Afford to Break
If you are single and you want men to desire your company more and truly cherish you, then here are eleven dating rules you cannot afford to break:
1. Never go to bed with a man on the first date - As much as you would like to ravish the hunk you have a crush on, do not let him feel that you are cheap and easy by going to bed with him on your first date. It does not matter that he is promising that he will respect you in the morning, or that the way he feels about you will never change. If you do it, you run the risk of reducing your value to him. Men are more attracted to women they spend time to get to know, than they are to those they quickly jump into the sack with.
2. Never call him first within the first week of your first date - If your date asks for your phone number and does not call you within the first week, do not call him. If a man is interested in you, he will call you during the first week of taking you out on a date. When you call him during that first week before he calls you, you give him that impression that you are overly anxious. The last thing you want is for this new person to feel that you are a little desperate or forward.
3. Never use obscenities - If you curse like a sailor, it will turn off your date, if you let that part of your personality out on your first date. It is a turnoff for most men. It certainly could ruin the chance of someone getting to know how nice you really are on the inside.
4. Never engage in a conversation about marriage on your first date - No matter how much of a good time you are having with your date, do not bring up the topic of marriage, unless your date asks about how you feel about the subject. When a woman brings it up on a date, it creates the impression that you are on a hunt for a husband. Nothing kills a date like a woman who comes across as obviously interviewing men for marriage - trying to find out if they are ready to make that serious commitment. There is a right time for serious conversations - your first date is not the time. Get to know your date first.
5. Never flirt with other men while you are on a date - The cardinal sin of any first date is to flirt with other men in the presence of your date. Do not do it. If you are trying to get your date to see that you can attract other men, flirting with other men in front of him is not the way to do it. It is disrespectful and conveys that you are shallow and untrustworthy. Your date will feel that if you have the gall to flirt now, when you are supposed to be on your best behavior, what will happen when you get hitched up? Most men wouldn't want to find out.
6. Never bring up your ex-boyfriend unless he asks you - Let your past remain in the past, unless your date wants to find out why you broke up with your ex-boyfriend. Never compare your ex with your date, nor refer to something someone else did as something that your ex would do. It simply shows that you have not gotten over him.
7. Do not ask your date how much money he makes - This is definitely a no-no. It shows that you could be a gold-digger, and you do not want that label. Once a man sees that you measure the value of a man by the size of his wallet, you can bet that your date will be turned off.
8. Do not let out the skeletons in your closet - Don't let it be known that you were a drug head or prostitute at one time. Your ugly past, even though you are a new person now, can prevent your date from getting to know who you have become after going through a tough past. Leave the horror stories for when he gets to know you and can easily understand and accept all of you.
9. Don't go out of your way to be funny, just be yourself - Don't start clowning around; pretending to be someone you are not. Don't turn your date into a night of cracking jokes or of proving to your date that you have a fantastic sense of humor. Be yourself and you will do just fine.
10. Do not order the most expensive meal on the menu - Ordering the most expensive thing on the menu at a restaurant shows that you are a potential gold-digger. It also shows that you are greedy. Men love women that are conscious of the cost of things.
11. Do not show him you have a voracious appetite - Just because you are famished does not mean that you should order everything on the menu - super-sized. Most men are turned off by women with huge appetites - men see that as not being feminine and lady-like. Moreover, men feel that if your appetite is this big when he has not gotten to know you, you may swallow a horse when you really get comfortable with each other.
To find out more about what it takes to make men fall madly in love, please visit http://www.smartwomansguide.com.
Steve Ubah is the author of Passion Keys - A Woman's Ultimate Guide To Unlocking The Love In A Man's Heart. To find out how you can make your man fall madly in love with you, please visit http://www.smartwomansguide.com
A note to all publishers: Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine, newsletter or website as long as the article's content is not modified and all links as well as the author's resource box are included.
Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/dating/inc/rss.inc on line 81
Warning: fopen(http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=LPx0ODdk3RGRpzRx1L3fcQ&_render=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/moving/public_html/lds-singles/dating/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input